The Butterfly Foundation represents all people affected by eating disorders and negative body image – a person with the illness, their family and their friends.
As a leading national voice in supporting their needs, Butterfly highlights the realities of seeking treatment for recovery, and advocates for improved services from both government and independent sources.
Eating disorders are serious psychiatric disorders with significantly distorted eating behaviours and high risk of physical as well as psychological harm. Left unaddressed, the medical, psychological and social consequences can be serious and long term. Once entrenched eating disorders can impact on every aspect of an individual’s life and for many, can be life threatening.
A New Experience of Flavor
Coffee tastes have changed so much that I remember around 2012, introducing a much more acidic coffee into our blend thinking we were going to lead customers into a new experience of flavour, only to be dismayed on day one with customer’s dissatisfaction with a fruitier and more flavourful coffee. Coffee is after all the seed of a fruit. From then on, we began to work at a gradual pace, turning up the brightness a little, season after season. Today we can proudly craft a coffee with notes of lemon meringue, strawberry or passionfruit and find people on all sides of the counter are learning and developing their pallets.
How Will Your Donation Make A Difference
- $20 Could assist with the facilitation of a support group for someone experiencing an eating disorder or a carer
- $50 Could help Butterfly run an online support group for sufferers and carers in rural and remote areas
- $100 Could enable the loved ones of an eating disorder sufferer the opportunity to attend a Butterfly family counselling session
- $300 Could provide a local school with a workshop on positive body image and self- esteem for 30 of their students
- $500 Could provide a course of face-to-face counselling for someone experiencing an eating disorder
- $1,000 Could train health workers and doctors within a local community in the identification and treatment of people with eating disorderYour donation could contribute to:- Fund our far reaching education programs to support young people in schools.- Assist in the development of online programs and information for those in rural and remote areas.- Allow face to face and online support groups for those with an eating disorder and their carers.